Bali will open your eyes to the beauty around you… we’ll teach you how to capture it.
Need some time out to focus on you? Lacking inspiration or wanting to develop your skills? Join us on a creative workshop in Bali. Only ten spots available, register your interest now – email@example.com.
What is a creative workshop?
Learn to take better photos, laugh with like minded people, explore the Balinese culture, experience new things, grow, replenish, eat & be inspired. While learning to take better photos, you’ll become more aware of the beauty around you. The camera is the vehicle used to record this beauty. Taking time away from the everyday grind can help remind us about what’s important.
Is the creative workshop right for you?
- You own an iPhone (or smartphone) or DSLR camera
- You are interested in documenting your life, experiences and the beauty that surrounds you
- You have no previous photography training, or
- You have training but would like to refresh your skills or expand on your existing knowledge
- Suitable for all skill levels
Why Bali & why Ubud?
The Balinese are renowned for being warm and friendly and the country is full of beauty, colour and culture. Experience amazing food (yes we live to eat!) in Ubud which is one of the creative hubs of Bali. Ubud is a centre for the arts & surrounded by picturesque rice fields and offers an affordable and accessible escape.
A typical day…
- Daily breakfast (included in price)
- One structured photography workshop/session per day (1-2 hours per day) held at our resort
- Daily lifestyle photography workshop per day (e.g. guided bicycle tour through the rice paddies, exploring the bustling food market, documenting a traditional cooking class, portrait sitting with a Balinese family)
- Ample free time to explore Ubud (1-2 hours per day)
- Optional extras – Pottery, silver workshop, painting classes
- A variety of options for your evening meal, including sharing a meal with your fellow photographers (dinner is extra, but very affordable & delicious!)
Give me more details!
- April 13th-April 19th 2016 (5 nights accom, 6 days) + transfers
- Includes breakfast each day
- Small group – maximum of 10 people
- Daily photography workshops/excursions
- Two experienced photographers will be your teachers
- All levels welcome
- Flights not included
**All classes and activities are optional, if you decide you feel like a day off to read a book be yourself that’s totally cool.
Megan and Honey have been teaching photography workshops since 2010 and are passionate about sharing their creative skills to help others record life in the most beautiful way possible. We take every chance we can to travel and of course spend the whole trip documenting every moment.
Megan has been working as a professional photographer for over 20 years with her primary focus being portrait and wedding photography. Megan is passionate about documenting relationships between people and is moved by that fact that often photographs are all that’s left of ‘our story’ when we’re gone.
Honey has been working as a professional photographer for 11 years after gaining a BA of Photography at JCU. Honey is inspired by beauty in the everyday and specialises in people, lifestyle and food photography. She loves how photography gives her the means to focus on what’s beautiful about the world.
What will the Creative Workshop cover?
- How to use your iPhone to the best of it’s ability or
- How to operate your digital DSLR camera on manual mode
- How, when and where to find great light for photography
- How to find interesting shooting locations
- Composition and photo structure
- Lots of shooting practice and one-on-one time with your teachers
- We’ll answer ANY questions you have – we are an open book
It’s not for you if…
- You don’t like smiling
- You don’t like laughing
- You don’t like food
- You don’t like having fun
- You dislike anything that is ‘creative’
- You only travel 5 star
- You want to drink beer until you pass out
Cost – $1900, payment via credit card or direct deposit.
Only ten spots available, to book your spot email us here – firstname.lastname@example.org.